After almost two & half months of extreme sizzling hot climate when monsoon arrives it cools downs the atmosphere around us but also bring lots of diseases too as monsoon develops moisture & dampness in the surrounding giving favorable conditions for many diseases to develop which creates a bit stress in many parents & family members.
Here are 5 immunity-boosting foods you should eat this monsoon :
1. Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins and antioxidants. Here vitamin B plays important part in healthy functioning of immune system while selenium in mushroom also decrease the risk of many infections. It has 17 essential amino acids which is required by our body & is best source for vegetarian’s.
Quick Tip: A good mushroom omelette or including them in your vegetable stir-fry can work wonders.
2. Indian spices are best boon for all of us spices like turmeric, mustard, asafoetida (hing), coriander seeds, turmeric, fenugreek (methi), cloves, pepper, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and curry leaves are immunity boosting spices adding them in your daily routine can help in digestion and to flush out any sinuses from the body. A glass of kesar milk to your child alternate days can do wonders to boost immunity.
Quick tip: Include all these spices in your daily routine in different foods.
3. Tea! sounds good? Yes, a cup of ginger lemon grass tea can actually help to boost immunity this monsoon. As it has good anti-oxidants which destroys free radicals from the body which are responsible to damage healthy cells & improves the immunity.
Quick tip: You can add little raw organic honey in this to improve the taste
4. Yogurt and other fermented foods are rich in probiotics or the good bacteria, which is key for boosting immune function. Probiotic promotes growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut which stimulates the body’s immune system.
Quick tip: Try including some chopped fruits in a cup of yoghurt instead of going for an ice cream.
5. Tulsi leaves are good have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and help improve immunity.
Quick tip: Chewing 4-5 tulsi leaves every morning is a great way to keep your child disease free during the monsoon.
This monsoon, make sure to douse your appetite for unhealthy food and opt for these healthier alternatives instead. Do not overburden the digestive system and eat only when you are hungry. Eating in excess and eating outside will only invite indigestion and illnesses.