Holi is a festival of colors & most awaited festival of the year. We not only play with colors but eat a variety of colorful food. Traditional Holi dishes are rich and heavy, and if you are watching your weight then we have some super tips, recipes & much more for you to make this Holi health & stress free.
How to start your day on Holi?
Go for feeling breakfast on Holi, options like poha with veggies or 1 bowl sugar free muesli with yoghurts or sprouts open toast or banana egg pancakes. This would help to keep your stomach full even after a long time of you having breakfast and is light enough to be digested easily.
Holi is the one time when we people forget to hydrate themselves, despite there being so much of water around them. Ensure that you drink a lot of water or coconut water to keep yourself hydrated.
Undoubtedly Holi is surrounded by lot of tempting & heavy foods but we have choose smart & go easy rather than later guilt. We all are aware these days about calories so we are showing you here healthy options as our moto is not to scare but make you but enjoy Holi. So choose smart!
|Avoid These||Choose these|
|1 Fried gujiya||1 Baked gujiya|
|1 malpua||1 bowl fruit yoghurt|
|1 kachori||1 baked kachori|
|1 glass bhang||1 glass low fat milk thandai|
Some healthy recipes for you to add more joy in this festival! We are sure that you will love these recipes.
- Multigrain/brown bread plain toast- 1 slice
- Mixed chopped tomato,onion,cucumber- 2 tbsp
- Imli meethi chutney- 1 tsp
- Green mint chutney- 1 tsp
- Roasted peanuts- 1 tsp
- Chopped green coriander- 1 tbsp
- Slice the toast into 4 pieces place on the plate as base. Place chopped veggies over bread, drizzle imli & green chutney. Finally garnish with crushed peanuts & green coriander. Ready to eat.
Mixed Fruit Parfait
- Low-fat plain yogurt- 30 gms
- Roasted flaxseeds- 1 tsp
- Mixed fruits- 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder- ¼ tsp
- Blend yogurt & sugar free muesli in a small mixing bowl.
- In a glass put mix fruit layer then add yoghurt layer,again mix fruit layer then yoghurt layer garnish with the cinnamon powder.
- You can refrigerate for hour and enjoy chill.
Since the day was quite heavy follow these tips for Holi night & next morning to make you feel better-
*Keep the Holi night dinner light
- 1 bowl vegetable daliya/ khichdi/plain rice with curds
- Veg idlis/dosa with mint chutney
- 1 bowl stir fry or salad or soup [no cream or butter]
- 1 dry khakra with dahi mint chutney
*Next morning after Holi
- Start your day with 1 mug green tea or ginger tea along with 1 fruit
- Followed by healthy breakfast
- Keep sipping lots of water
- Incase have hangover or feeling low have coconut water.
- Pineco water (Drink)
• pineapple slices- 2 nos
• coconut water- 1 glass
• lemon juice- 1 tsp
a) Combine all the ingredients in a jar & blend till everything is mixed. Serve in glass.
*This drink is best to boost the energy level & hydrates your body quite well. Are you having hangover trouble then this is for you. This drink also cleanse your body.
- Coconut protein water
• coconut water- 1 glass
• chia seeds- 1 tsp
a) in a glass of coconut water just add & 1 tsp chai seeds.
*Most easy yet simple variation added punch of protein. Super energetic drink for working people simply combine the ingredients & carry them in a bottle it will keep you fresh plus will give energetic feel.
- Rosco water
• Coconut water- 1 glass
• Rose syrup- ½ tsp
• Dried rose petals – ½ tsp
a) In a glass add rose syrup, dried rose petals & coconut water stir it well. Drink is ready.