Sugar craving is most common that many people battle with reasons can be many listed below-
- Cutting down sugar completely even caffeine from your routine & switching to low GI diet.
- Chromium deficiency.
- Keeping yourself hungry for longer period.
- Hormonal changes, mood swings & stress.
How to beat sugar cravings in easy way??
- Most easy way is to munch on fresh fruits available around you. Apples, oranges & bananas are the great source of chromium which satisfies sweet cravings faster. Even cinnamon can help you to overcome the sugar addiction, it helps to regulate blood sugar levels & helps to reduce the sugar cravings. Best dessert can be sprinkle some cinnamon powder on the slices of apple & go on.
- Smoothies, Plain yoghurt & fruit yoghurt is again good options for satisfying sugar cravings. The reason for sweetness of plain yoghurt is due to lactose which is a healthy sugar found in all dairy products. Benefit of Yoghurt, which help maintain proper digestive health. In fact imbalanced gut bacteria and candida overgrowth have been linked to more intense sugar cravings and can help rebalance the gut bacteria. 1 cup of plain yoghurts with some fruits or smoothie made from yoghurt, low fat milk & fruits without any additional sugar just works excellent.
- Eating proteins can be also one of the best way to reduce the sugar cravings as it stabilizes blood sugar levels along with healthy fats. Jump on a spoonful butternuts like almond butter, sunflower butter, peanut butter on plain toast also satisfies the cravings.
- Dates are most quick & easy to carry sweet snacks which is healthier replacement of sugar along with low glycemic index. Popping up 2 date’s once/day is another easy way.
- Sweet vegetables can help to curb those sugar cravings. If you are not a fan of beetroot it is time to become one. Beets are also high in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B and iron where sweet potato is starchy vegetable which releases the natural sugars slowly in the blood stream & won’t cause blood spike. Roasted beets, boiled, roasted sweet potatoes with dash of nutmeg or cinnamon powder or simply slices of beets will also works.