In olden time our ancestors loved ‘Lemongrass tea’ as it was a superhero (still it is no doubt) when we were not aware of other herbal teas which are available in the market… Let’s not make this article too long & we shall list the amazing benefits of lemongrass tea which will blow your mind!!
Super benefits of lemongrass tea that will make you fall in love with this tea-
1.Consuming lemon-grass tea can significantly help to reduce your high blood cholesterol level.
2. If you have a bad mouth odor which can be embarrassing. sip up at least 2 cups of lemon tea for 2 months to see the change
3. Lemon-grass tea not only work internally but it can do wonders on your skin externally. It can help to reduce your dark spots, acne issues & pigmentation. Simply fill the prepared lemongrass tea in the spray bottle and use it twice on the clean face every day as a toner. Store the bottle in the refrigerator it lasts up to 10-12 days.
4.If you’re the kind of person who has trouble relaxing, falling asleep and keep scrolling mobile screen late night like owl lemongrass tea can be a blessing. A cup of lemongrass tea before bed can be just the thing to knock you out for a good night’s sleep, so you wake up fresh and ready to take on the day
5. Lemongrass tea if consumed 6 days before your menstrual cycle can naturally give you ‘pain-free cycle’ with less bloated balloon body.
It helps to keep your headache & migraine attacks at bay.
6.The human body requires an adequate amount of iron to keep the red blood cell count healthy as well as the hemoglobin in check. Lemongrass tea is ideal for people suffering from anemia. The folates present in lemongrass tea promote better absorption of iron.
Best time to drink – breakfast, evening, bed-time
Consumption dose- not more than 2 cups in a day
Preparation of lemongrass tea
1) Keep the water in a vessel almost 100-125 ml. Once water starts to boil add lemon-grass 1/2 -1 stalk.
2) On medium flame boil for 3-5 minutes. Strain in your favorite cup. Now add 1/2 – 1 tsp organic honey and few drops of lemon juice to enhance the nutrition and flavor.
3) Enjoy warm.
To book an appointment with Dietitian Ruchita Maheshwari click here!